Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bent a cam on the Difference Engine.

I've been off the Aether-Net for a bit. One of the tertiary cams on my difference engine bent, metal fatigue most likely. Luckily my brother is and informational technologies electro-smith, and was able to combine the best components of mine old engine with those of a second.

The new and improved Old Guard difference engine is capable of far greater computational speed and power. The hammers just ring!

New posts will soon follow. Up the Irons!

5 comments:

Aaron E. Steele said...

I'd love to give me difference engine a good workout, hearing the chug of the pipes, the whistle of the steam, the squeal of electron rubbing against electron.

E.G.Palmer said...

Just so! My newphew complains about having to shovel the coal, "my back hurts, the sparks burn my face", etc,etc...
I just tell him it'll make him stronger for gym class when he starts the fourth grade next year.
Toughening up, that's what the lad needs.

Anonymous said...

Quite right. A young man of prior years may have had to make do with a trip to the country to revitalize his humours, but I say a day with an axe and an acre of stumps can only go so far. What a man of modern temperament needs is to hear the music of gears and pulleys, of bells and sirens, and the whistle of pressure building within the Queen's honest metal. Sterner stuff and all that.

E.G.Palmer said...

Quite right!

Kevin Mac said...

Can't relate, but I have been having some glitches in my Probability Drive lately...